Our Goal | Challenge:
ECONOMIC UPLIFTMENT PROJECT: KWETU TRAINING
Objectives of training:
- Train members on modern agricultural techniques and organic farming.
- Soil and water conservation techniques
- Permaculture and urban farming
- Pest and disease management
- Storage and value of agricultural products
- Develop marketing skills
- Determine population, health and environmental issues affecting agriculture
Business is an act of buying and selling goods with an aim of making a profit.
The main components of carrying out a business are:
- The market
- Quality of products
- Capital to start up the business
- Identify your competitors
Factors to consider when setting the price of the product are as follows:
- Cost of materials
- Cost of labour
- Competitor comparative price
- Customer demand for the product
- Marketing methods used
SESSION: PACKAGING OF PRODUCTS
Members were briefed on the importance of good packaging of products as stated below:
- An eye-catching appearance would entice a customer to purchase the product
- Develop efficient communication between the buyer and seller.
- Appropriateness of the product packing is considered to be an important indicator of quality.
- Once the quality of the packing is improved, the sales of the products are likely to increase thereby regulating a higher amount of profit earned.
COMMENTS BY PARTICIPANTS:
- Members were able to identify and learn different aspects of agriculture.
- Members were pleased to have been given a chance to undergo this training
- The use of natural resources while carrying out this activity would enable the members save a lot of money.
- Members agreed upon practicing the various techniques taught, weekly in groups.
- Members also ought to carry out these activities individually so as to increase vegetation in the area.
- Members require 3 months to change the area with a lot of vegetation.
- Members tend to purchase a green house for this project as it has various advantages.
In conclusion, the participants thanked BMMK for their efforts to make the Women independent