Our Goal | Challenge:
WHO WE ARE
NASIMCO was established in 1980 as a Shia Ithna-Asheri umbrella organization to unify North American Jamaats and provide the following services.
NASIMCO’s vision is to provide a common structure and framework to meet the religious, cultural and social needs of the Shia within its area of operations.
NASIMCO’s mission is to harness talents and resources available in member communities for the greater good of global humanity and our communities.
WHERE WE ARE GOING
NASIMCO’s vision for the future is based on the active engagement of the local North American community and the Shia diaspora globally. Our action plan seeks to position NASIMCO as:
- A leader in aid deployment through
- A meaningful and mutually beneficial collaboration of existing network and resources
- Development of streamlined processes and procedures which will allow efficiencies of scale and scope.
- An active player in alleviating poverty through programs such as:
- Skill building and training
- Entrepreneurial and employment coaching
- A unifying parent organization dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing member jamaats through integration, resource sharing, and capacity building
WHAT IS IT?
The aims of NASIMCO’s scholarship program are threefold. First, to help enable Shia Ithna-Asheri Muslims to become successful leaders in our communities. Second, to provide financial assistance and incentives to students entering a Canadian or American post-secondary accredited academic institution. This includes students in a university, college or vocational training institute. Finally, to encourage membership and involvement in NASIMCO-affiliated organizations, this includes any institutions affiliated with our member organizations.
WHO’S IT FOR?
If you are enrolled in post-secondary education and you volunteer with one of NASIMCO’s 22 member organizations, you are eligible for a scholarship.
HOW DO I APPLY?
It’s easy to apply, just download and complete the application form and have it signed by your Jamaat before you submit to us. Once the application is complete, scan it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to 9200 Dufferin Street, PO Box 20078, Concord, ON, L4K 0C0, Canada.