Our Goal | Challenge:
The YMCA aims to Develop Youth Through STEM
The YMCA is helping all children reach their full potential by supporting their unique youth development journeys. At more than 1,000 YMCA sites nationwide, youth are engaged in year-round STEM activities that nurture their curiosity, inspire creativity and teach them how to succeed.
Youth who participate in STEM activities:
- Learn how to solve a problem
- Develop critical-thinking skills
- Get comfortable with failure and trying again
- Learn to work successfully in teams
- Develop self-confidence
- Are able to see themselves in STEM careers
The Mohsin & Fauzia Jaffer Foundation made a donation and Dr. Mohsin Jaffer hosted a lecture and event in conjunction with the Weston YMCA.