Our Goal | Challenge:
Education is the prerogative of every child. It gives the less fortunate an equal opportunity as their privileged counterparts to realize their dreams. It brings about an inherent and permanent change in a person’s thinking and capacity to do things. With the Zainabiya Child Sponsorship Scheme (ZCSS), that is exactly what we aim to achieve; to give children an opportunity to turn their lives around. To build a better future for students, the focus of the Zainabiya Child Sponsorship Scheme has over the last few years been more towards higher education and creating professionals. We want to help empower students in order to create lasting change in their lives, their communities and their world.
The ZCSS continues to concentrate on higher education to enable the youth to achieve qualifications that will enrich their lives and those of their families. Every opportunity given to them is down to you, our generous sponsors. Sadly, the fact remains that we have to keep turning away students who want the same prospects for lack of funds. It breaks our hearts and often, we struggle for words to console them. However, we remain committed to providing education to students in our own community in countries where we operate.
Your support via ZCSS goes a long way in shaping the future of many lives. Launched in 1981, by Marhum Mulla Asghar with just 44 donors, the scheme is now supported by over 800 sponsor parents. Donations have reached more than 25,000 students in India, Pakistan, Kenya, and Tanzania. The monies collected are used to sponsor tuition fees, course materials, and other one-off educational support needed by the students.
- For every one student we support, we have to turn away another. We are only able to meet 50% of the current requirement in Higher Education Sponsorship.
- Sponsored students are able to attain higher qualifications and take up the latest specialized courses as they are able to study uninterrupted for the duration of their courses. Current students are undertaking a wide variety of courses from Diplomas and degrees including BSc, MBA, MBBS, and Ph.D.
- In India, a class 10 pass gets a starting salary of barely GBP 20 per month whereas a Higher Education Graduate can earn GBP 165 per month. It is YOU who has empowered them!
- Some of your sponsored children are earning over GBP 2,000 per month!
- After successfully completing higher education studies, families are able to move out of Jamaat-sponsored homes and move into their own homes.